Two of my favorite activities to do with my children are reading and baking. In both instances, I love seeing their wonder and excitement come alive. Whether they are being captivated by a good story or seeing their baking labors come to fruition, both activities are wonderful opportunities for bonding and making memories.
Don’t wait for a special occasion to get in the kitchen! Check out our list of 25 storybooks that contain an accompanying recipe. We hope this gives you the chance to combine two activities that you and your children will treasure for years to come. Many of these titles are available at your local library, so you can find the book/recipe combo that’s just right for you!
Top 25 Baking-Themed Storybooks with Recipes Included:
1. Christmas Cookie Day by Tara Knudson (Recipe: Christmas Cookies)
2. Gingerbread Mouse by Katy Bratun (Recipe: Gingerbread Cookies)
3. Who Put the Cookies in the Cookie Jar? by George Shannon (Recipe: Sugar Cookies)
4. Mr. Cookie Baker by Monica Wellington (Recipes: Sugar Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Cookies, Oatmeal Cookies)
5. Miss Poppy and the Honey Cake by Elizabeth MacDonald (Recipe: Miss Poppy’s Very Own Honey Cake)
6. Cupcake by Charise Mericle Harper (Recipe: Vanilla Cupcakes)
7. Bruno the Baker by Lars Klinting (Recipe: Bruno’s Cake)
8. Cook-A-Doodle-Doo by Janet Stevens (Recipe: Granny’s Magnificent Strawberry Shortcake)
9. Valentine’s Day Treats by Tara Knudson (Recipe: Valentine Heart Cake and Rice Krispie Treats)
10. Tyler Makes a Birthday Cake by Tyler Florence (Recipe: Carrot Cake)
11. Baking Day at Grandma’s by Anika Denise (Recipe: Chocolate Sheet Cake)
12. Apple Farmer Annie by Monica Wellington (Recipe: Applesauce Cake)
13. Whopper Cake by Karma Wilson (Recipe: Chocolate Cake)