Try this quick and easy recipe for Mini Caramel Pies garnished with toasted pecans.🥧
Mini graham cracker pie crusts
1 egg white, beaten
1 can of dulce de leche
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup pecans
1/4 cup butter
Whipped topping such as Cool Whip
Directions for crust:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place graham cracker crusts on a cookie sheet and brush with beaten egg.
3. Bake crusts for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let cool completely before adding filling.
Directions for filling:
1. To make the filling, mix 1 can of dulce de leche and salt in a bowl.
2. Fold in half a container of whipped topping until well blended.
3. Spoon the filling mixture into the cooled graham cracker pie crusts and smooth out the tops.
4. Place the pies in the fridge and chill for 4-6 hours or until set.
Directions for topping:
1. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F.
2. Add 1 cup pecans to a gallon plastic bag.
3. Use a rolling pin or kitchen mallet to roughly crush the pecans. (Kids love this step!)
4. Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a medium bowl. Add to the pecans and shake to coat. (Kids also love this step!)
5. Spread the mixture out onto a baking sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees, stirring every 3-4 minutes until crispy and browned (careful not to burn!).
7. Remove from the oven and let cool then add to pies when ready to eat.