Try this quick and easy Caramel Pie that is garnished with toasted pecans.🥧
It can be made in mini graham cracker pie shells (4) or a regular size pie shell.
Graham cracker pie crust
1 egg white, beaten
Can of dulce de leche
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup pecans
1/4 cup butter
Whipped topping such as Cool Whip
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place graham cracker crust on a cookie sheet and brush with egg.
3. Bake crust for 5 minutes at 375 degrees. When done, let cool completely before adding filling.
4. To make the filling, mix can of dulce de leche and salt in a bowl.
5. Fold in 1/2 a container of whipped topping until well blended.
6. Spoon the filling mixture into the cooled graham cracker pie crust and smooth out the top.
7. Place the pie in the fridge and chill for 4-6 hours.
8. While pie sets, make the pecan topping. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F.
9. Add 1 cup pecans to a gallon plastic bag.
Use a rolling pin to roughly crush the pecans. (Kids love this step!)
10. Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a medium bowl. Add to the pecans and shake to coat. (Kids also love this step!)
11. Spread the mixture out onto a baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees, stirring every 3-4 minutes until crispy and browned (careful not to burn!).
12. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
13. Once chilled, remove pie from the fridge and sprinkle the pecans on top.